This month is Aloha Community Library Association Membership Month!
Yes, you have a library card! But are you a member of the Aloha Community Library Association (ACLA)? Membership in the ACLA is different than being a library patron. ACLA members show support of our nonprofit library by donating at least $20 annually or volunteering at least one hour each year. The ACLA is a nonprofit membership organization founded in 2011 with the purpose of operating the Aloha Community Library. We depend on financial donations to fund the gap between county funding and our actual budget needs. Our members support the library financially through donations, through volunteer work in the library, provide governance through election to the board of directors, and by providing ideas and support throughout the year at our annual members meeting and other ACLA members’ events. Each May we invite new members to join our growing library family! Our goal this year is to welcome 31 new members – one new member each day this month! Are you already a member? Please extend this invitation to your family, friends, and neighbors. The more, the merrier!
All members receive:
- An official Aloha Community Library book bag!
- Invitations to members’ only events throughout the year!
- Members only coupons for book sales!
- The opportunity to serve on the board of directors!
- One vote at the annual members’ meeting!
- Pride in knowing that YOU are supporting an increasingly popular, much-needed resource that levels the playing field through free access to information, technology, and programs like our early-literacy storytimes, STEM Labs, summer reading programs for all ages, and more!
Become a member today!
Donations are accepted year-round in the library, by mail, or online.
- Stop by the library during open hours to make your donation in cash, or by check or debit/credit card.
- Mail your check (made payable to ACLA) to P.O. Box 6561, Aloha, OR 97007
- Subscribe or donate online 24/7!
Partner with ACLA to impact our community in a positive way each and every day. We change lives every day. Take the lead with us! Join our monthly donor club online (you will need a PayPal account). Choose the amount you would like to contribute each month. Each and every dollar supports professionally trained staff, a clean, safe, welcoming gathering space, access to information and entertainment for all ages, opportunities for community service, and more. Just imagine what we can do together!