While our building is closed to the public we are still offering holds pickup. This service is available at your convenience Monday – Wednesday, 3pm-6pm, and Thursday – Saturday, 10am-1pm.
Due to the latest recommendations from the Governor, holds pickup services have returned to curbside just outside the library front entrance. Masks are required to retrieve your holds. Please practice social distancing by keeping 6 feet from those around you.
How to Place Holds
- Place holds online by visiting wccls.org and selecting Aloha Community Library as your pickup location.
- For assistance with placing holds, contact library staff at 503-259-0185 to leave a message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Pick Up Your Holds
- You will receive a notification by your preferred contact method when holds are ready for pickup.
- Even for items listed as available on our shelves, it may take at least 72 hours to process your request. Please only show up once you have been notified that your holds are ready.
- Arrive anytime during holds pickup hours and line up at the library front doors following the signs. Be considerate of others in line by maintaining a safe distance of 6 feet between patrons while waiting. Please note that we can only serve one patron at a time. Do not approach the service table if someone is already waiting for their holds.
- Be prepared to place your physical library card (not your library card number written on a piece of paper) or ID in the basket on the service table.
- Staff will collect your card or ID with the basket, gather your held items and any other requested material, check them out to you, then return to the service table with your items and card or ID.
- Once staff have stepped away from the table, grab your holds and enjoy!
Holds Pickup with an Appointment
For our senior patrons and those unable to comfortably wait in our service queue, an appointment can be made by contacting the library.
Please feel free to contact the library by telephone upon arrival or prior to departure from your home if you do not have access to a mobile phone. Aloha Community Library staff will place your materials in the trunk or rear seat of your vehicle (staff may need to touch your vehicle to do this) at your request.
If you need accommodations for outdoor pickup, please contact us at 503-259-0185.
- Can I look for books or use a computer? At this time no other services are available. This includes walking around the library, browsing the shelves, using the computer, printer, or copier, sitting or studying, and using the restroom.
- Do I need to make an appointment to pick up my holds? No, you can come by the library anytime during our holds pickup hours with your library card or ID to pick up your materials.
- Can I check out items without my library card or ID? No, you will be required to provide either your library card or personal identification when picking up holds.
- Do I need to wear a mask when picking up my holds?
Face coverings are appreciated. Staff will also be wearing masks and gloves for your safety.
- Can I return items when I pick up my holds?
Our book drops are now open 24/7! Remember to give others on the sidewalk at least 6 feet of space while you wait your turn to drop things off.
- Why are the items I returned still on my account?
Returned items are quarantined for 24 hours. Expect delays of 3-4 days before materials are removed from your account. No fines will accrue.
- What if I don’t pick up my holds when they are ready? Items ready for pickup will be held for 10 business days before being sent back.
- Can I request new items? New items can be requested in the online catalog at wccls.org. Some libraries are not open or are operating with limited staff, so hold requests on items at another location may experience delays in filling.
- Can I get help with a question? If you need account assistance, book recommendations, help with e-books, online databases or other services, please contact the library by phone or email.
- Can I pay a fine? You can pay fines online at wccls.org. We are not currently accepting payments during holds pickup.
- Can I use a library computer or printer? Computer, printing, and copying services are currently unavailable. Wifi is accessible outside the building 24/7.
- Can I come into the library? The library building is still closed to the public at this time following health authority guidelines. We currently do not have open space for sitting or studying. For additional information on services currently available, visit our COVID-19 information page.