While our building is closed to the public we are offering curbside holds pickup. This service is available by appointment only Monday – Wednesday, 3pm-6pm, and Thursday – Saturday, 10am-1pm.
How to Place Holds
- Place holds online by visiting wccls.org and selecting Aloha Community Library as your pickup location.
- For assistance with placing holds, contact library staff at 503-259-0185 to leave a message, or email email@example.com.
How to Pickup Your Holds
- You will receive a notification by your preferred contact method when holds are ready for pickup. Contact the library or visit https://bit.ly/3hIyqDz to schedule your appointment.
- Even for items listed as available on our shelves, it may take at least 72 hours to process your request. Please only schedule a pickup appointment when you have been notified that your holds are ready.
- Arrive during your 30-minute pickup window and approach the table outside the library’s front doors. Please wait safely distanced away from the table and anyone else who may also be waiting for their holds (signs in the window will guide you).
- Staff will verify your name and bring your checked out items to the table outside the library’s front doors. No personal identification is required.
- Once staff has stepped back into the library, grab your order and enjoy!
- If you need accommodations for outdoor pickup, please contact us at 503-259-0185.
- Do I need to wear a mask when picking up my holds?
We appreciate masks in case physical distancing is not possible on the sidewalk. Staff will also be wearing masks.
- Can I return items when I pick up my holds?
Our book drops are now open 24/7! Remember to give others on the sidewalk at least 6 feet of space while you wait your turn to drop things off.
- Why are the items I returned still on my account?
Returned items are quarantined for 96 hours. Expect delays of 5-6 days before materials are removed from your account. No fines will accrue.
- What if I miss my pickup window? Please contact the library to reschedule. We will keep items for 3 days before checking your items back in.
- Can I request new items? New items can be requested in the online catalog at wccls.org. Some libraries are not open or are operating with limited staff, so hold requests on items at another location may experience delays in filling.
- Can I get help with a question? If you need account assistance, book recommendations, help with e-books, online databases or other services, please contact the library by phone or email.
- Can I pay a fine? You can pay fines online at wccls.org. We are not currently accepting payments during holds pickup.
- Can I come into the library? The library building is still closed to the public at this time following health authority guidelines. For information on services currently available, visit our COVID-19 information page.