Are you using your stay-at-home time to read? Tell us about it. We are kicking off the Great Spring ACL Read Along! All ages, all reading levels welcome. All online, so you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home.
Here’s how you can read along with us:
- Read a book (in any form – e-book, audiobook, and yes, even physical books made of paper!), magazine article, collection of poetry, whatever you want. Just keep reading!
- Write a short review of what you read. Did you enjoy it? Why or why not?
- Email your review to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Read Along Review
- Include your review, your name, and your age (or if you prefer, just let us know if you are older or younger than 18 years old).
- Your review should include the name of the book or article and the author’s name.
- Each Friday from April 10 – May 15, we will draw two names – one under-18 reader and one 18 and over reader. Each will win a $20 e-gift card for Powell’s Books! Though Powell’s physical stores are closed, their online sales shelves are still open. Winners will receive e-gift card prizes in their email inbox (prizes will be sent to the email address used for submission of reviews)!
- Send as many reviews as you’d like, but please make sure you really read the material. Yes, more entries give you a better chance of winning, but the reading and sharing of ideas are the important parts.
- We will compile the reviews submitted each week, then publish the list on our website and social media pages. You will start the weekend with a list of recommendations from your neighbors! We’ll throw in some of our staff reviews, too.
In one fell swoop, we can keep our community reading, support our local bookstore, and our lucky winners will be able to get new reading material to stay busy!
Sound like fun? We hope so! We miss chatting with our amazing patrons. We can’t wait to hear from you!