Beginning Monday, September 14th, appointments are no longer required for curbside holds pickup services! Retrieve holds at your convenience during curbside hours, Monday-Wednesday, 3-6 pm, and Thursday- Saturday, 10 am-1 pm. A limited number of reservation slots are still available for our senior patrons and patrons unable to comfortably wait in our service queue.
How to Place Holds
- Place holds online by visiting wccls.org and selecting Aloha Community Library as your pickup location.
- For assistance with placing holds, contact library staff at 503-259-0185 to leave a message, or email email@example.com.
How to Pickup Your Holds
- You will receive a notification by your preferred contact method when holds are ready for pickup.
- Even for items listed as available on our shelves, it may take at least 72 hours to process your request. Please only show up for curbside services when you have been notified that your holds are ready.
- Arrive anytime during curbside holds pick up hours and approach the table outside the library’s front doors. Please wait safely distanced away from the table and anyone else who may also be waiting for their holds (signs in the window will guide you).
- Be prepared to place your physical library card (not your library card number written on a piece of paper) or ID in the basket on the service table.
- Staff will collect your card or ID with the basket, gather your held items and any other requested material, check them out to you, then return to the service table with you items and card or ID.
- Once staff has stepped back into the library, grab your order and enjoy!
Holds Pickup with an Appointment
For our senior patrons and those unable to comfortably wait in our service queue, a registration appointment can be made online or by contacting the library.
After registration, you will receive an automated confirmation email from Washington County Cooperative Library Services. Reservations are closed 8 hours in advance of each time slot in order to allow staff time to prepare outgoing materials for pickup.
Please feel free to contact the library by telephone upon arrival or prior to departure from your home if you do not have access to a mobile phone. Aloha Community Library Staff will place your materials on the service table at the library’s front door for contact free pickup or in the trunk or rear seat of your vehicle (staff may need to touch your vehicle to do this) at your request.
If you need accommodations for outdoor pickup, please contact us at 503-259-0185.