October 4th, 2023 @ 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Aloha Community Library
Get your steps in at the Aloha Community Library!
- Wednesday mornings (weather permitting during snow and ice)
- 9am-10am (before library service hours begin)
- adults 18+
A short route around the stacks will be open for folks who want to get their blood pumping and connect with neighbors in a dry, well-lit place.
- Staff will open the door at 9am for adult walkers (18+).
- Walkers can join anytime from 9am-10am.
- Library Laps ends at 10am, when the library opens for service. Walkers can, of course, stick around to visit after laps!
- The lap route may not be used during regular service hours.
- The route is set by library staff. Walkers need to follow the route for safety reasons and share the space with others who may not be walking quite as fast. Those not following the rules will be asked to leave.
- This is NOT a good venue for those looking to speed walk or run.
- This is not a fitness program (there’s a great gym right across the parking lot!). Library staff will not provide medical advice or treatment beyond providing assistance during emergencies. Walkers need to be able to monitor their own needs (when to drink water or rest).
- This program is for adults only. Teens 14-17 will need staff permission to participate. No children, please (when adults are walking, children cannot be supervised properly; library staff will not be available to care for children).
No library services will be offered during Library Laps.