Get ready to make some cute little beaded geckos! You can BYOB (Bring Your Own Beads!) if you have your own crafting stash at home, or stop by the library during curbside service hours (Mon-Wed @ 3-6pm, Thu-Sat @ 10am-1pm) from Tue 9/1 through Thu 9/17 to pick up a take-and-make kit (while supplies last).
If you choose to provide your own craft supplies, you will need:
- Round or rounded/square-ish beads in at least two colors that you like how they go together. All the beads should be the same size (minor variations are okay). You will need:
- ≥ 31 beads in color A
- ≥ 25 beads in color B
- About 2 yds of thread, string, or craft/jewelry wire that will fit easily through your beads at least twice over.
Optional but recommended:
- An additional 2 beads (same size) in a third color.
- A beading needle (must go easily through your beads) – especially recommended if working with smaller beads!
- Something to anchor your project while you’re working on it, such as:
- a keyring, safety pin, or paperclip and a piece of tape to secure it to your work surface
- a pin or safety pin to secure it to something upholstered that won’t be damaged by a pin (could be a cushion, an ironing board, etc.)
Join us on Zoom here!
Meeting ID: 934 0615 9522
You will need to join with an internet-connected device in order to participate. If your device does not have a microphone and you want to be able to speak aloud during the program, please also dial (253) 215-8782 to join the audio component by telephone.