Gather ’round the campfire and tell us a tale! Children and teens are invited to share their spookiest (or silliest) campfire stories for the chance to win a $50 Powells gift card. Come join us under the starry night sky and submit your stories by Saturday, July 30th to be considered.
- Submissions open Friday, July 1-Saturday, July 30
- Winners will be announced in mid-August
- Stories that meet submission criteria will be shared on our website and Facebook page.
Who Can Enter:
There are two age groups with two sub-categories to choose from . One winner will be selected from each.
- Children Ages 5-10
- Teens Ages 11-18
- Stories must not exceed 750 words.
- All entries must be the original work of the participant. Parents may transcribe a young child’s entry.
- Participants are limited to one entry per category.
- Stories can be typed or neatly written by hand (photos of handwritten material can be uploaded as JPEG images or brought into the library to scan). Handwritten stories that are illegible will not be considered.
- All entries become the property of the Aloha Community Library and may be posted on the Library’s website and/or social media.
- Stories containing inappropriate or lewd content will be eliminated from the contest.
Creativity and originality of entry. Illustrations are not included in judging criteria (but are welcome!). Punctuation and grammar will not be judged. Winners will be notified the week of August 15.
Entries Must Include:
- Full name of writer
- Phone number
How to Enter:
Submit entries by email to email@example.com with the heading “Campfire Stories” or in person at the library by 9:00 pm, Saturday, July 30.