Aloha Community Library Grand Opening – January 7
Saturday, January 7, 2017
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Aloha Community Library
17455 SW Farmington Road, Suite 26A
Join the Library for a ribbon cutting, tours of the new library, refreshments, and commemorative items. Several prizes donated by fellow WCCLS member libraries will be awarded in a drawing.
Eva Calcagno, WCCLS Director, remarked, “WCCLS eagerly awaits the opening of the Aloha Community Library. This 16th full-service public library fills a gap in service in the center of the County and will serve an anticipated 19,000 residents with books, programs, homework assistance and computer services.”
The new Aloha Community Library location offers residents:
- A 30% increase in open hours – now open 6-days a week for 47 hours per week
- Four times the space – including significantly expanded public and staff areas
- Increased computer access for the public – up to 14 stations (this doubles prior access) plus free Wi-Fi access
- Integration with the WCCLS website and catalog
- Access to the Cooperative’s shared collection of over 1.6 million books, e-books, CD’s, DVD’s and more
- Convenient local hold pick-up and drop-off location for WCCLS items in the heart of Washington County
- Free and convenient access to the WCCLS Cultural Pass to Adventure venues – 9 popular destinations
- More robust program offerings for children and adults
Read the original article here.