Treasurer (board of directors position)
- Chairs the finance committee.
- Ensures that accurate financial and donation records are maintained
- Ensures that financial reports are filed on a timely basis.
- Publishes monthly financial statement 1 week before board meetings.
- Reports the current financial status at each board meeting.
- Presents the annual budget to the board for approval
- Works with outside auditor on an annual basis; act as BOD interface to auditor.
- Willing to work in a volunteer capacity
- Previous accounting, bookkeeping or financial management experience, preferably with non-profit organizations
- Understanding and abides by 12 Golden Rules of Library Board Trustees.
- Understands and abides by ACLA Board of Director Job Description.
- Computer savvy and knowledgeable about Quickbooks setups, creating accounts and standard accounting practices associated with small businesses
- CPA license in Oregon desired but not required
Newsletter Editor (member of marketing Committee)