Welcome! Thank you for your interest in our volunteer opportunities!
We believe in the power of a community library to change lives. Join us!
We post available positions as we have openings and when new opportunities are developed. Keep checking back for new chances to join our committed group of library volunteers!
If you wish to ask a question or learn more about volunteering at the Aloha Community Library, please email Terri Palmer, Library Director, at email@example.com.
Book sale volunteers needed May 7 – 9!
Our big spring book sale is nearly here, and we need your help! Volunteers 14 years and older are welcome to sign up. The sale will be held at 17455 SW Farmington Rd, Suite 26A (former Tuesday Morning location).
- Thursday, May 7, 10am-6pm
- Friday, May 8, 10am-6pm
- Saturday, May 9, 10am-6pm
A pre-sale orientation session for all volunteers will be held on Saturday, May 2, at 10am. Please plan to attend, if possible.
How you can help:
- Cashiers (age 18 and older): 1 volunteer needed each hour to work at the cash register. Need to be comfortable handling cash, making change, using cash register, and processing credit/debit sales using a credit card reader. Also need to be able to follow set procedures for using the cash register and accounting for sales.
- Counters: 1-2 volunteers needed each hour to monitor hold area while customers browse, then accurately count and tally customers’ items on sales slips. This position directly supports the cashier. Attention to detail is very important so that customers are charged correct prices.
- Roamers: 1-2 volunteers needed each hour to roam the sales floor to straighten tables, add books to tables, answer customer questions, and provide a friendly face.
Contact Terri (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.