Pending the library’s move around the corner to our new space between US World Class Taekwondo and the Peppermill Lounge, the Aloha Community Library will be closed for the entire month of November. Curious about what’s next? Read below for everything you need to know about the move and the library’s transition into a full-service WCCLS member library.
- The library will be open regular hours through Monday, October 31, 2016.
- The library will close for the month of November beginning Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
- All regular library services and programs (including storytimes, book club, and tech assistance) will be on break during the transition.
- Due dates and renewals: Books checked out or renewed 10/19-10/31 will be due 12/05. DVDs checked out or renewed 10/26-10/31 will be due 12/05.
- Items will not be renewed during the library closure.
- The outdoor book drop in front of the current library will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for returns.
- An opening date has not yet been set due to delays in the renovation schedule. Please check alohalibrary.org, facebook.com/alohalibrary, the library windows, and the library phone message (503-259-0185) for updates.
- When the library reopens, WCCLS services will be phased in. Dates for the beginning of each phase are to be determined.
- Phase 1: WCCLS cards will be used. Patrons may return all WCCLS libraries’ materials at Aloha.
- Phase 2: Aloha will become a pick up site for reserved materials from around the county.
- Phase 3: Aloha materials may be reserved by patrons from around the county.
- A WCCLS account in good standing will be required for check out.
- Patrons with a WCCLS account in good standing (current personal information with fines/fees of $9.99 or under) may check out from Aloha.
- Patrons with a WCCLS account that has accrued $10 or more in fines/fees will not be able to check out materials until fines have been paid below $10.
- Patrons without a WCCLS account will need to apply for a new card by filling out an application and showing photo ID with current address. If the address on the photo ID is not current, a secondary document with current address is required (i.e. a utility bill or lease).
- Current Aloha patrons with fines or fees $10 or above on their LibraryWorld accounts will need to bring those accounts into good standing in order to be issued a WCCLS card.
- The library’s new location is just around the corner from its current space between US World Class Taekwondo and the Peppermill Lounge at 17455 SW Farmington Rd. Suite 26 A, Aloha, Oregon 97078.
We appreciate your continued patronage and patience as we transition to our new location as a WCCLS library! Check back soon for updates.